What is personal information?
In general terms, "personal information" means information about an identifiable individual recorded in any form.
What is not personal information?
The name, title, business address, or telephone number of an employee of an organization is not considered to be personal information. Nor is information about a company, corporation or other similar entity considered to be personal information.
Why do we ask for your personal information?
The purposes for which personal information is collected, used or disclosed may include, but is not limited to:
- processing commercial transactions;
- determining eligibility for credit, including verification of references and obtaining credit reports from credit reporting agencies;
- communicating with customers and suppliers;
- employing third party service providers (some of which may be located, or store information on servers located, outside of Canada);
- establishing and maintaining commercial relations;
- developing, marketing or providing products and services;
- recommending particular products and services;
- conducting market research and surveys;
- managing and developing business opportunities;
- conducting investigations and complaint resolution processes;
- facilitating transactional due diligence reviews;
- completing corporate reorganizations and sales, such as the sale of all or substantially all of the assets of Geo Bezdan; or
- complying with legal and regulatory obligations.
Our ten privacy principles
Geo Bezdan follows the ten principles of fair information practices listed below:
- Geo Bezdan will identify the purposes for which personal information is collected at or before the time the information is collected. The purposes for which information is collected, used or disclosed by Geo Bezdan must be those that a reasonable person would consider are appropriate in the circumstances.
- The knowledge and consent of the individual are required for the collection, use or disclosure of personal information, except where consent is not required by privacy legislation.
- Geo Bezdan shall limit the collection of personal information to that which is necessary for the purposes identified by Geo Bezdan. Personal information shall be collected by fair and lawful means.
- Personal information shall not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as permitted or required by law. Personal information shall be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which it was collected.
- Personal information shall be as accurate, complete and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
- Personal information shall be protected by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
- Geo Bezdan shall make readily available specific information about its policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- Upon request, an individual shall be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of his or her personal information and shall be given access to that information except where Geo Bezdan is permitted or required by law not to disclose personal information to the individual. An individual shall be able to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information disclosed to him or her and have it amended as appropriate.
For more information about our personal information handling practices, inquiries may be directed in writing to the Privacy Officer at the following address:
Geo. Bezdan Sales Ltd.
4050 Graveley Street
Burnaby, BC V5C 4A5